2008年3月14日 星期五

Approaching 28-yr-old

The day after tomorrow will be my 28th birthday. I have been thinking about something recently.... things about my life, my work, my study...etc



First, i started to realize i am a very lucky one. I have so many mentors up to now:


  • ZZJ when i was studying Bachelor degree, he told me what is important in the university life and how to think independently.

  • Jim Luk when i was studying Master degree, he showed me the way to work hard and achieve the goal of one self.

  • Prof Hong who is my master degree supervisor, though he didn't teach me a lot in terms of knowledge, he showed me what is the quality to being a scholar. He gave me the freedom to try and fail, this is very important training for my future works especially when i face some difficulties. That was a very good training and learning in the last 3 yrs i stayed in Chinese University.

  • Dr Patrick Lau who is my former university teacher, and i have never think about he will become my mentor. He helped me and inspired me a lot in the research road. If you work with him then you will know how determine he is for research.

  • Dr Karim Chamari who i think i met him by luck, or may be by God. He lives in Tunisia and we started our very first conversation through email, talking about some research methodologies. And then 2 years later i went there to meet him and we had very great discussion about soccer, and about life, which both influence me a lot.

At the same time i am thinking about my work, am I doing good enough? What am i working for? Money? or interest? I didnt have the answer until tonight i watched a TV program, and Bill Gates talked about his work. He said "don't work for money becoz that is not the only way to value your work. You should work for your interest and your heart and feel happy and satisfy. Everyone make mistakes, and you have to learn from it and then forget those mistakes and then life will goes on." OK i finally have some ideas. I love my job in HKSI, i love my athletes (most of them i think), i love to work with the colleagues. That's why i feel i am lucky, again. How many people over the world got the chance to do something everyday that they are interested, and can work with those most talented athletes, and at the same time you receive money from that. Karim always say that it is very important to think good about your life. I agree now.


Recently i also think about my girlfriend and i may be the first time think that she should has a better environment and living. These added together and motivate me to step forward. I should spend more time with her and she deserved to have this.


I must say that most of my energy come from my athletes, and thats why i have to write the following in Chinese so that they can read it easily.


當我看到你們進步時,我不知道我是否會比你們更興奮,否則我應該也是第二個更興奮的人。訓練是很漫長的一回事,進步也不是一時三刻,所以我經常叫你們堅持著。能有多少人有機會當全職運動員?所以我肯定你們是最有天份也是最幸運的一小撮人,所以我對你們也要求很高。


Mong:多謝妳証明了一年前我的看法是正確的。血和汗都沒有白流,很好。每次在訓練中都給妳的意志力感動到我,所以我也要更加努力。在更刻苦的訓練裡妳要加倍努力,我等待著妳站在最高的位置。


Apple:不要再浪費時間,妳會是第二個,我很有信心。不會有錯,身體上該有的妳都已經是最好的條件,其餘的不足要努力修正。今晚我看電視Bill Gates說:上天不能給你全部最好的,否則你會覺得人生很無聊。



沒有留言: